Launching into Learning is a program for young children, Birth to 5 years old and their families, where you and your child can form relationships with your local school and other families before they start Kindergarten. Children learn a lot in the first five years of life. At Launching into Learning, you and your child learn together to give them the very best start to life.
Children’s experiences in their earliest years are really important to their ongoing development and they have a major impact on the future achievements at school and later in life. We know that supporting children’s learning experiences before they even begin school will give them a greater chance of success. At this young age, learning through play and exploration alongside the people that mean the most to them is a really positive experience for children.
Your child will be involved in activities that will help develop their talking, reading, creativity, physical, social and emotional skills. Smithton Primary offers numerous Launching into Learning programs:
- ‘Bee’ Active, 2 to 5 year olds – Getting active: balancing, core strength, hand/eye coordination – developing Gross Motor Skills.
- Mother Goose, Birth to 5 year olds – A fun and interactive time to develop oral language and pre-literacy skills through songs, rhymes and stories.
- Launchpad, Birth to 5 year olds – Families and children playing and interacting together. This is also a great opportunity for children and families to familiarise themselves with the Kinder classroom.
- Pre-Kinder, for children starting Kinder the next year – Introductory sessions for Pre-Kinder children to become familiar with the school environment.
- Water Awareness, Birth to 5 year olds – A fun way to build confidence in the water with an AustSwim trained instructor. Places are limited.