Moving from primary to high school can be a time of excitement and new experiences but it can also be challenging and worrying for many students.
The five Circular Head primary schools work collaboratively with Smithton High School to ensure that year 5 and 6 students have a smooth transition before they start high school. This includes:
- Students accessing the high school throughout Years 5 & 6 to join selected classes and interact with teachers.
- High school students visiting primary schools to participate in activities alongside students.
- A combined primary school overnight camp for year 6 students which allows students from all schools to get to know one another.
- Grade 6 participation in extension subjects offered by Smithton High School
- High school students assisting to run various activities Smithton Primary School activities e.g. Breakfast Program, carnivals, 5/6 Winter Sports, Grade 3/4 Sports Expo and transition experiences.